Monday, January 24, 2011

Where does my help come from?

I just wanted to take a few minutes to show and tell of the resources/blogs/other moms who inspire me. I love home schooling, but I am in what I consider to be the easy stage. I mean, really...I am in charge of coming up with "lesson plans" for tot school/preschool/kindergarten. How hard can it be? I used to teach preschool, I have babysat, worked in day cares and nurseries, and nannied for as long as I can remember, and now I have 4 little boys of my own. I love kids, and these are the ages I'm "good" with :) Having said all of that, I still need a lot of help coming up with unending ideas for our letter of the week, math for preschoolers/kindergartners, science for littles, etc. SO lest you think I am a creative genius, check out these moms (blogs are also listed on my sidebar)...

Erica over at Confessions of a Homeschooler is amazing. She also does a Letter of the Week curriculum with her preschooler. AND she even occasionally posts things she does with her youngest for Tot School. I visit her blog often! I print her FREE printable worksheets and activities, and sometimes I look at the pictures and make it myself with whatever we have around the house. God, bless the mothers who are willing to do all of the hard work themselves and share it with the rest of us for free!

Speaking of those types of mothers, Carisa writes about and shares her numerous fabulous ideas here, here, and here. On the first site I listed, you can get to all the other links about her Raising Rock Stars curriculum for preschoolers (RRSP), her Tot School "curriculum," and even stuff for older kids (I haven't checked that stuff out yet!)

We use Sue Patrick's work box system as inspiration, as well. I have definitely tweaked it to fit our needs, but I think it is such a great method for many reasons.

I look at the blogs listed on my sidebar at random times when I need inspiration, and I get my juices flowing. I also have books from my preschool teaching days, books from Christian bookstores (Memory Verse, Bible story worksheets/coloring pages/dot to dot), and other wonderful books that have been given to me by great friends.

And finally, of course, I rely on the Lord. I feel like home schooling is part of my calling/job as a mother of these 4 boys...and I take that job seriously!


I lift up my eyes to the hills- Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip -
He who watches over you will not slumber;
Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you
The LORD is your shade at your right hand;
The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm -
He will watch over your life;
The LORD will watch over your coming and going
Both now and forevermore.

Psalm 121

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails