Wednesday, April 20, 2011

All in a Day's Work

I love reading homeschool blogs for inspiration, ideas, and encouragement. However, when those blogs muddy up my own ideas and teaching style, I need to separate myself from them and figure out what is best for me and the children God has placed in my life to teach. I was starting to feel so overwhelmed lately by all the (WONDERFUL) ideas I read on blogs that I seriously couldn't even hear myself think about my own ideas. The biggest joy of homeschooling, in my opinion, is that I get to decide what to do, when to do it, where to do it, and how to do whatever it is we are doing!!

Why did I concern myself so much with what everyone else was doing with their kids? Well, I don't really know. Our system is working quite well (for the moment anyway :) ), I have a LOT less stress, and my boys are having a great time! Here's a glimpse into our morning...

Good morning, Monkey!! :)

Some baseball in the playroom


Washing play dishes...just for the fun of it!

Hide and seek!




Fighting soldiers


Doing chores from our job jar




Time for school






Made some brownies


(ate lunch)

Had "recess" ;)



And finally, at 2:00, we had quiet time!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails